View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedcrazy View Post
what does someone who knows everything and thinks everyone is doing an awful job do for a living? Well, in-between fighting to save all the animals of Alberta that is....
Well Said ShedCrazy!
JustinC there are lots of other factors to consider when talking about deer populations in Alberta. Its not about having the most deer possible, my family farms and when you have herds of elk and deer that destroy your feed stacks, thats our livelyhood. In fact I'd guess there are a good number of forum members on here that have had a vehicle collision with wildlife, money we can use elsewhere. I hunt and live near the cull areas. I can still go out and find deer. Yah not as many as in other years, but I think they were overpopulated to begin with. Mother nature is the most powerful tool that controls deer numbers, not culls, and not hunting seasons. You mentioned talking to officers about what was really going on, I'd like to know what they said to you, and who it was.....I'm guess thats one you are making a mountain of when it is really a mole hill.