View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 12:52 PM

Default Nice to meet you

Hi,

I joined the forum hoping to use the buy/sell feature, and started reading while trying to build my post count to meet the 20 post threshold. What I found was an interesting community, which I'm excited to get to know better.

Started hunting late in life out of personal interest in being more involved in securing and processing my own food. Only been hunting for about 3 full seasons, and I would say I'm only starting get the hang of it now ahah. Didn't have much in the way of mentors until recently. As a result my first couple of hunts had me return empty handed but I liked being out in the forest and learning about new spots in the province. Since then I have been on successful goose, moose, and deer hunts. I shot my first deer this year; dropped it with a single shot at approx 200-250 yards (in a field w/permission). It was thrilling because I've worked pretty hard at developing my shooting skills, and had missed relatively easy shots in the past.

Anyways my love hunting and appreciating the outdoor grows more and more with each season. I am interested in learning to track/find deer in the forested areas (not an open field littered with the alfalfa they love lol); hand/reloading; becoming a better distance shooter; and maybe becoming a firearms course instructor some day in the future.

I also like to fish, but prefer to only fish for sustenance. I've had a hard time finding good fishing spots in Alberta, have deep sea fished off the coast of BC and in Mexico as well.

Looking forward to the discussion.