Thread: Ford A/C repair
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzukisam View Post
You can't say they are better trained. The guy you get could have worke at chev or Canadian tire up till the day before. And a lot of indepents could be smarter and cheaper find a good mechanic and stay with him he will save you money in the long run and you have a relation ship with him. Try that at a stealership.
While that is very true they COULD have worked at any given dealer, there is just as good of a chance they were not and typically you don't get to interview the tech before you use the place. I'm not saying the independent techs aren't smart, however they don't have the resources offered at the dealer. I'm a heavy equipment tech, and I've worked at both dealer and as an independent. I've seen it first hand. Anyway I don't want to derail the thread. I'm just saying a lot of the dealer hate on the forums is somewhat unwarranted, typically it's not much if any more money.

Edit: to further this for several years my work truck had been serviced by the same DEALER tech at a Ford dealer, and I had conversations and a relationship going with him and the service writer.