Thread: Be careful
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Thanks for posting. I get my blood tested every year but I’ll make sure to ask my Doctor to check off the box on the lab request to include checking for antibodies if he’s not already doing it. It beats the alternative.
I just got back from doctor's office. Test is very far from straight forward. After 3 hrs waiting on exactly what was needed as far as testing for these antibodies in regards to this particular parasite both my son & I had blood samples taken that will be sent to a special lab in Toronto to be tested. As well, doc also requested ultrasounds for both of us on liver to ensure no cysts present. Results from blood sample will take about one week. I was also in contact with my vet to have my dogs checked & the only way for pets is an ultrasound which will detect cysts on liver. Both of my dogs are being de-wormed & one will get the ultrasound. To my surprise my vet knew a far bit about this (far more than the healthcare center or me) & has been to two conferences that covered information on it. She informed me that in canines there have been no cases as far as she knows north of Rimbey area. These measures seem extreme to me, but rather be safe than sorry.