View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 01:00 PM

Hi there.

My name is Chris. I'm 45, a teacher, married with 4 children (two grown, two still at home 16 and 9). I live in Strathmore (East of Calgary). I enjoy relaxing with a beer at the end of the day, I don't smoke, but I don't mind a hunting partner that does. Looking for a mature and knowledgeable hunting partner to be a mentor. I am willing to do some legwork getting landowner/lessee permission, etc. But I am open to unoccupied public land hunting as well. I don't mind hiking/rough terrain, but I do need to get my fitness back to where it used to be.

I just passed my AHEIA course and hope to try hunting in the fall. I am interested in hunting for meat, rather than trophies/fur, and interested in hunting deer, elk, moose, and Merriam's turkey if I ever get drawn. I am into in bow hunting, and want to hunt with my recurve bow (I have no problem hunting with a compound archer) rather than a rifle. Looking to learn spot and stalk, treestand, blind, whatever. Shoot me a pm, or reply on here and I'd love to chat.