View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 05:29 PM
Banned

Well hello guys and gals and welcome to this forum. Sure is interesting and nice to hear of your accounts. Sue, I found your Yukon account pretty interesting. I started a Yukon trip by renting a motorhome and travelling from Whitehorse all the way to Dawson City and across into Alaska etc. I had purchased a book by Pierre Berton namely "the Klondike". Reading that book as we settled in each nite in various campgrounds made the trip that much more interesting. Since that first trip, I have returned twice to hunt with my wife's cousin who lives in WH, he's a radio announcer for CBC and the local Molson Brewery rep. I have also fished on "Frenchman Lake" and caught some northern pike which I must say rivaled some of the best fish that we have here in the south. While in Dawson City, we spent an evening at Diamond Tooth Gerties, where the can-can girls dragged me on stage (without much hesitation on my part I must admit) and planted a kiss of red lip stick on my cheek. On my first visit there, I also hiked the first 2 miles of the Chilkoot Trail. Then we went on to Skagway where my wife emptied my wallet with a nice chunk of gold on a necklace. Well, I must admit that I helped with the emptying of the wallet by purchasing a belt buckle with a nice little nugget. The history of the Klondike and the hardship endured by those gold miners is absolutely fascinating.

Last edited by gitrdun; 06-11-2016 at 05:35 PM.