View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 07:55 PM

I will disagree with West O’5, while a BDC reticle has to be calibrated to your load, it’s not hard to do with a ballistic calculator and 50 rounds of ammo. You’re going to do the same with any mil reticle. The Z-600 is easier to not get lost in than a mil reticle as well, as the tree design makes it so the bigger ranges have longer lines and every line is numbered.

Swaro even has their BDC as a mil based system

I prefer BDC’s to turrets when hunting because I don’t have to come back out and dial as an animal is walking. I can keep the animal in view and have my partner/spotter read me the range, then adjust and fire on the fly. I put my Data On Previous Engagement (doesn’t like the acronym) on the inside of my scope cap and it keeps it pretty dummy proof. And with capped turrets, I never have to worry about bumping them. Most of those pros I couldn’t get in a “hunting” scope and would have to go up to a Nightforce or night end Vortex to get, and then I’m suffering in terms of weight and adjustment range I don’t need, as well as cost.