View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy1994 View Post
Hello

Looking for more hunting/calling tips for duck and geese hunting for this following hunting season?

-which calls work the best
-best bang for your buck
-good southern alberta hunting grounds
-decoy set up
Just want to prepare for this years hunting season, if you have any tips it would be highly appreciated
Hard to give calling tips over a forum....but I would kill your brain by pounding on youtube. Fortunately we are fairly privileged up here to the point where most times you can put the calling to rest most days if your location and spread are good.

I have a drawer of goose calls but repeatedly go back to the cheapo primos goose flute. Easy to use, easy to blow, versatile....one draw back is it seems to clog fairly easily. However cleaning is simple. I think they retail for about $30

Southeast Alberta is my stomping ground. WMU 232. Pretty hard to beat waterfowling in that area in my opinion. However, its getting busier every year with Americans, guides and outfitters that seem to think they get first crack at every quarter....even if you own it lol.

What questions in particular do you have about decoy setup?

I hunt on average 40 days for waterfowl per year between Sept 1st to the start of November. Ill do my best to answer your questions