View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 05:33 PM

Just going to throw my two cents in.

Nothing wrong with your scope. If your cheek weld is consistent, parallax is not that big of a deal. Also, there is lots of info on the net about changing the parallax setting on some scopes to make them more suitable for typical rimfire ranges. Might be worth looking into.

I shoot a 3-9x32 on my gopher rig. It's a Weaver RV9 and is a fantastic hunting scope. It has an AO, but I rarely touch it. I set it at 60 yds and only adjust it when a gopher shows up at very close range and the image gets fuzzy. I don't find it worthwhile to continually adjust the objective. Like I said, I generally set it and forget it. When I'm at the range I'll adjust the AO to match the distance.

Next, I have the magnification set at about 6.5. Here's why.
I have my gun sighted in at 50yds. At 100yds, with the magnification set to 6.5, I can use the top of the thick section of the reticle as my aiming point. With a bit of practice, the two aiming points make it fairly straight forward to fudge in your aiming point on gophers that are in close and on those that are out to 100yds. Different scopes and/or different ammo might require a different magnification setting.