View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 07:02 AM

I started eating primal/paleo Jan 2018 after reading Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint book. Overall I've done a pretty good job of not eating grains, pasta or sugar (honestly cannot remember last time I had a sandwich or a bowl of pasta). It's been a bit of an up and down rollercoaster here and there but overall I've stayed the course.

I did go through a phase where I was searching out low carb bread recipes to make at home, one recipe was ok but certainly wasn't the same as wheat bread. I've found now that I don't even have the interest in searching out bread. If I want a 'sandwich' I've started making lettuce wraps using a couple leafs of iceberg lettuce. Yesterday I put leftover flank steak, sauteed onions, horseradish and swiss cheese in it. Rolled it up into a wrap using parchment paper. Tasted great!

Right now I'm sitting close to 30lbs down from where I was a year ago. Yesterday I had my annual checkup at the doctor. Blood work showed that compared to a year ago:
- my good cholesterol is a bit higher than it was;
- my bad cholesterol is a bit lower than it was;
- and my triglycerides are lower than they were a year ago (and I put that pink himilayan salt on pretty much everything!).

I was glad to see these results and my plan is to keep staying the course.