View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomama View Post
Doing the Keto diet for a month to do a bit of a reset to my weight. Looked into it and have heard from a few people that it's a good diet to do, not for a long time though.
So far, lost 2 pounds in 3 days, cut out the carbs such as bread, pasta, junk food, watching my sugar intake as well. I would say my daily carb intake is now under 50g for sure. I am feeling a little weak for sure but that should go away within a week once my body adjusts to the change.
The way I see it, it's a pretty good diet in which I can still eat a lot of good stuff and actually see results quickly. We'll see where I am in a month.
I was strictly keto for almost a year and got shredded at 225lbs. Was unable to put any new muscle on however as I attribute it to low glycogen stores. I do believe in keto for losing fat, having high energy and it helping other ailments though.

You will notice a huge energy level switch ones your body starts burning ketones. The low energy level or weakness you are experiencing is from withdrawal from cutting out carbs and sugars. You will bounce back with vigour. Trust me..