View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prewar View Post
Just got off the phone with Alberta Environment. Options were to either put in for next year or get a spot in the first hunt with my priority 13. The replacement moose hunt I suggested was not accepted. As planned looks like November 02 is a go now. He thinks there may be 20 in that hunt instead of the planned 15. Some "low priority folk" ill call them, are sticking with this hunt saying they've made up their vacation schedules now ETC...

I too woulda rather seen a full redraw completed within say 36 hours of the initial draw before vacation plans were made... it is what it is. I suppose if it really is an extra 5 hunters that's not too bad. If it ends up being 30ish guys that would be disappointing...

I look forward to the hunt and hope to have a memorable adventure!!
keep in mind you are talking about hunting 3 zones plus the park. and extra 5 or 10 guys on the hunt isnt going to make a lick of a difference on the quality of the hunt. I would be more concerned about the 300+ mule buck and 500 mule doe hunters in just WMU 118 than i would worry about the elk hunters. A full redraw is completely outlandish and has never and will never be redone unless it is a complete screw up on the draw. To expect them to screw with everyone else just to accommodate you is kind of selfish to be honest.