View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 04:48 PM

Reminds me of a few years ago....was on company camping trip near Pine Lake and boss noticed a bunch of random people wandering around near our tents. Since we booked the camp privately he asked me to go and tell them it was a private function.

After talking with them they said that they were arborists in search of a famous tree that was supposed to be in the area....the Ghost Pine or Blood Pine or something. Said that a tribe of natives were all lined up and killed at its base and that legend had it that the tree continued to grow dead. I went with them to search the little area and the tree that they decided must be the Blood Pine tree was actually there....looked like a big, old dead pine tree with a twisted trunk.

I must have went right white when they found the "Ghost Pine".....the evening before I snuck off for a quick 'puff' and went out to that little stand of trees and pretty much sat on the trunk of the tree while smoking.....then I had to pee so I went at the base of the tree.....then I ripped of a big section of it dried up bark from the bottom of the tree for kindling, and went off to start the fire for the group. I still feel bad to this day...even though at the time I just saw a dead tree...just like any other....now I'll have a tribe of ****ed off native ghosts after me for eternity

These 'famous' trees should be specially marked to avoid morons like me.