View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW223 View Post
Silicosis is from long term exposure , unlikely you’ll get that from filling your sand bag , common sense rules , if you don’t have
that you probably should not be around firearms any way .
Almost every local business that sells aggregate or sand based product was unfamiliar with zircon or chromite sand - I contacted many. Unfortunately , many of them weren't able to tell me about a similar use product either.

I am not an expert on sandbags or bench rest - a novice. That is why I am on this forum - to learn more I learned recently, one clearly needs to be careful with silica sand, when transferring it from a 50lb bag. Common sense rules when filling a sand bag from a 50lb bag - a dust cloud should be avoided. Use a small cup and then pour it slowly into a funnel.

It is too bad there isn't a local supplier for zircon or chromate sand. Many could benefit from a solid rear bag instead of using a far less superior filler.

Not very surprised by your criticism, actually expecting one or more comments like yours - wasn't born yesterday.

Acute (short term) / chronic (10 to 30 years) / accelerated (high level exposure) silicosis - you may want to read up on that.

Last edited by bwinchg; 11-03-2018 at 04:35 PM.