View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 06:25 AM

Buy once cry once. Even "expensive" reloading gear really isn't that much money. If you are wanting single stage there is nothing wrong with a rock chucker. If primarily focussed on pistol ammo and fairly high volume the Dillion progressive presses are a good investment. For me anything I can get to save me time is worth the money generally. Never used the Hornady progressive setup but it might not be a terrible way to go either. As far as trimmers I would run either a Redding or Forster, I prefer the Redding for the micrometer adjustment. A case prep Center is money well spent, I've got the Lyman which I really like but the rcbs model is good as well. Oh and a stuck case remover kit is always good to have. I like Redding wax vs oil based case lube. I run one shot lube with the progressive machine.
"I don't know about the "shooting Savages" part. I have one and I have had considerable difficulty doing well with it. Part of the reason for this is that I feel a need to put bag over my head to hide my identity when ever I am shooting it!"
Leeper