View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
I'm in the same boat. That looks like a great top 6. What have we got to lose at this point? Even if we make the playoffs maybe 2nd round at best? I say go for it. We can't be worse.
Dube has been a common name in the trade for Eichal, so you have to expect that he would probably be gone. I agree the Flames should be going after him, and he will be a great addition after he recovers. The Flames organization has been saying they need a number one Center since Sutter was the coach the last time. We haven't been able to draft one, so pony up and trade what you need to.

That said however, I have been relatively happy with the way the Flames have been playing, we just need it to translate into results..

Have to be careful giving away 1st's in the next couple drafts, this draft is supposed to be pretty deep and well next year is Connor Bedard... I could do with 2 losing years if we traded for Eichal and then scooped up Bedard in the lottery. I suspect if we make the trade for Eichal this year is a write off and unless an extension is signed for Johnny prior to the deadline he would get traded. So it would only depend on how aggressive the organization would want to be next year.

If I am being honest, I wouldn't be watching or attending very many games if the Flames were as bad as the Oilers/Buffalo have been in the last decade, which is what would need to happen for them to win the lottery. Bedard would be a huge reward, but I could see why the organization would not want to go through that. Obviously there is no guarantee that you would get Bedard anyhow.