View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 01:17 AM

Default Exactly

Exactly. You’ve been getting lots of info from folks who’ve never built a rifle before. And I will be honest. McMillans aren’t finished up well from the factory very often. I have two here now that look like bargain bin stocks, not $1000 units. And if yours is the Molded in exterior over fibreglass, it’s not an easy task to repair, it has to go back and wait another 3 months let’s say for a rush. Or accept that it will have a slightly longer port than the action. It’s hardly an eye catcher. The fancy wood Lefty posted and your rifle are two different beasts. I think yours was designed as a shooter, the other a looker. I know which rifle I want. And that poser rifle doesn’t have near the engraving or wood to be a class winner. It’s all in the eyes of the beholder.

What gives you that impression? The rifle has not been built...parts have been ordered, and as the expert he knew that this could be an issue so he cold fit the parts to ensure that the basic fit would be there. As a good and honest business owner, he gave me the heads up on a defect he noticed well before building time. He would not accept this stock, and wanted to confirm that I felt the same way. This is/will be a full-custom rifle.[/QUOTE]