View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 03:24 PM

I've been through a number of these dreaded things over the past 3 years. I've got wide feet with a flat arch, finding something that works for me has been a real chore and only gotten worse with met guard restriction. The met guard rubber and winter boots are terrible. Had 3 pairs of regular boots (STC, Terra and Dakota) that caused a ton of toe pain because the boots were so rigid that on lifts from the floor all my weight was transferring to my toes. Our local Mark's carries about 25 different pair. Every year I try on everything in the store just to see what is new. I'm finally in something I'm really happy with. Bought a pair of Unik boots in fall and they are probably the best boots I've worn in the last 5 years. They have an ankle lock design that takes a bit of getting used to, but the sole/insole is comfortable and the met-guard feels almost non-existant. Not cheap by any means, I think they came to $330 after a 25% discount. But I'm definitely going to be sticking with them from now on.