Thread: Uh Oh!!
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter_spec View Post
Im gonna start cutting my meat as well, my father and his budy came from Quebec to hunt this year and we killed all our deer. I sent the first 2 deer to the butcher and I told him to dont worry about the front of the deer cause we both shot them in the shoulder( Rack hunter not meat hunter). The butcher charges me the whole deer when I told him to just forget about the front and to just make steak( takes 2 sec to cut a deer in half), my deer was over 300lbs dressed, he told me it was 70 cent a pound, 1 thing I didnt know is, it was 70 cent/pound for the whole deer. Anyways long story short he charges me 360$ and I have barely 50 lbs of meat for 2 deer. Im from Quebec and thats not the way butcher are working over there. Ill learn for next year I guess, I made a big scene when I saw the bill and I ambarassed him a little bit in front of other customer, so he cut the 3rd one for free. Ill never go there again thats for sure. I used to worked as a butcher before I joined the military and that guy just did the worst job ever.
well the butcher cannot just forget about part of the animal he has to make an attempt to save what he can for you it is the law you cannot throw out or waste meat. If it is completely waste then yeah but he still has to deal with it. If you brought me a 300lb deer you would get charged for a 300lb deer, if I was a butcher that is. the butcher has to deal with the whole animal not just part of it. 70 cents a pound is cheap compared to around here most are closer to 90 cents anymore and wont take whole carcasses, deboned only.

I would call butcher and let him know what happened and try to sort it out.