View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 02:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
ROFL I guess so!

Funny thing is, phobias make no sense, even to those that have them.

My dad was old school tough. When he severely cut a finger while chopping firewood when he was 12, he realized the finger couldn't be saved so he cut what was left off, with his pocket knife and went back to chopping wood.

I remember watching him pick up live embers off the floor, that had accidentally fell out while he was filling the wood cook stove in our kitchen.
He would calmly pick up the errant embers and deliberately place them back in the firebox, with his bare hands.

For much of my early life I was convinced he was incapable of feeling fear or pain.
Then one day I found a huge Garter Snake. For me that was an amazing find, I was so excited. I ran to my dad and stuffed this huge snake right under his nose screaming "LOOK WHAT I FOUND".

It is the only time in my life I truly feared for my life. He never touched me but the words and actions told me loud and clear that my dad did not like snakes. I had no idea my dad was capable of uttering such vile words or of moving in such a frantic way. He reminded me of a frantic cat, both in his motions and in the sounds he made. I'm pretty sure he wet his pants in the process, I know I did.
Now that is quite a story. Made my day.