View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 10:47 PM

Default Just Another Big Fish Weekend on the Water Pic Heavey* And Video

Headed out to the frigid waters on friday with Beedhead and BigGameHunter.
Day one was a mess with only small cutts. After a day of bellyboating and hiking Jake missed a very nice cut/bow all we could see was the huge jumps and the bend in the rod. I landed the first one of the day then jeremie caught another 2 and I caught one at the end of the day but all small with nothing of size.

Day two was unreal...The smallest fish was around 15-16" and was very productive till around noon then picked up again around dusk with the bulls and suckers being caught. 2 Bulls in a row and 2 suckers in a row.
Jake knocked off another species and they both got an ugly sucker. We all got some nice cutts and watched the cutts try and spawn but the cruisers definitely kept us waiting there. I had a long fight with a big bully on 5x and went well into my backing going straight for the depths. Jeremie on the net and Jake on the cam it worked out awesome with some good pics!

Day three was another let down with only small cutts being caught by Jeremie and Jake and I got skunked. We hit the bow afterwards and the water was high and green with the goldens hatching today and yesterday. Spotted one rise tight to the grass but that was about it.

All in all a decent trip but it wouldnt have been better if the rainbow was landed...Here is some pics

Enjoy

Me and Jeremie

Jake

Me

Me