View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtoad View Post
See, now that sounds much less ludicrous. I can live with this. Your other post made it sound like you always keep your limit and go frequently... taking as many fish as possible as often as possible.

Too bad...I liked you better when I thought you were crazy.

Cheers.
You want crazy? I'll show you frickin crazy............

Okay, hunting is my forte but fishing, trapping, camping, etc are all part of the enjoyment that I have of the outdoors. Here's how I see this whole "Quality" fishery issue from a hunting perspective:

For me, creating a "quality" fishery in a lake is similar to having canned hunts where only big animals are kept in SRD funded fenced areas. In the case of fish, the shoreline would be the fence. You could scatter these game farms around the cities in order to satisfy the shooters that wanted to shoot "easy to shoot" big game animals with minimal effort.

I haven't quite figured out the C&R part yet but here's what I'm thinking....In order to sustain a "quality" shootery, the same rules as C&R would need to be applied. Tranquilizer guns would need to be used in order to give serious shooters an opportunity to get a picture with their animal. They could get replicas made from the photo/measurements and put it in their living room. This should satisfy everyone that would be happy with shooting a big animal but shoot and release only (S&R) only.

As for the non S&R shooters (let's call them hunters) that would like to keep one or more animals to eat, then they would have to go to any of the crown land areas, or private property that they own or have permission to hunt on. These areas are not limited to only shooting smaller animals and there is an opportunity for hunters to shoot a big animal too (just not as easy).

There would be another alternative to having SRD funded game farms though and it would be a cheaper option. Select and designate WMU's, or parts of them, in close proximity to cities and put size restrictions on the animals that you are allowed to shoot. Let's say deer for example. You'd only be able to shoot bucks with 5x5 or bigger antlers in these areas. This way, after a few years, the bucks would have the chance to grow bigger and there would always be a good supply of 5x5 or bigger deer to shoot with the chance of bagging a 6x6 whopper.

So ya see, I have it all figured out. From a hunting perspective "quality" fisheries = canned hunts.