View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
it's funny you see how this is paid access but your still in denial in what you described in your second post which is text book 100% paid hunting.

You explicitly stated you had no other option to hunt the land owners land then to sign up and pay for access. This was on the land owners recommendation that forced you to pay so you could hunt.

If f&w deem this acceptable then there are so many ways to take the CLAS model and use it for personal gain on your own land.
No land owner is selling access, that would not be legal. A land owner would be violating the Wildlife Act if they adopted the CLAS model to sell access on their land. I can't even believe a landowner would try such a thing, a stubby pencil and paper is no different than software insofar as a violation is concerned. A landowner could use a simple calendar app to record who is hunting, when, where etc......…………..but he/she cannot sell access.

You know CLAS is not something being dreamed up now. It's been happening now for what.....four years? And your course of action is to do what?

Time for you to step up. As I see it, you have two options:

Report the crimes that you allege CLAS has committed and continues to commit; or

Do nothing.

What are you going to do?

While you're at it you might as well recommend charges against me. You believe CLAS is selling access; in doing so you must believe I am wrongfully buying access because today I am hunting on private land, arranged through CLAS. I have also colluded with CLAS by becoming a member. All members should be charged. Is this all correct?

Here is an excerpt from the Province of Alberta Wildlife Act from which you can form your case against them:

49(1) No person shall directly or indirectly buy or sell, trade or barter or offer to buy or sell access to any land for the purpose of hunting any big game or any fur-bearing animals on any land.
(2) No person shall directly or indirectly buy or sell, trade or barter or offer to buy or sell access to any land for the purpose of hunting any game bird except as provided in Subsection (3).
(3) No person shall directly or indirectly buy or sell, trade or barter or offer to buy or sell access to any land for the purpose of hunting upland game birds.
(a) on privately owned land unless the person holds a licence issued to the person for that purpose pursuant to this act and except in accordance with the regulations, or
(b) on public land that is not privately owned land. 1984 cW-9.1