View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
What you fail to realize cnp is that anyone can make a website to manage access and can charge whatever the hell they want. I'd set the rates to my land based on what type of animals there were.

I could create my own website and update it with recent photos of animals. If I had a herd of elk maybe I'll charge $400 per hunter. After all my websites just managing access for hunters.

Theres a massive revenue model every land owner could copy under the guise we are managing access. In your case their not managing access. The land owner explicitly told you to pay up for permission to hunt. After you paid that land owner granted you access.

I dont blame you for utilizing a tool before you nor do i think you did anything wrong as this website is well known and is allowed to operate.

But what you've described is pay for access regardless how you spin it. It should be investigated for what it is.
Exactly. I was saving this scenario for future discussion, but you nailed it.

When I asked the gov about this scenario they wouldn't give me an answer.
Typically this means that they are on the wrong side of the law or policy.

Which is scary. Why is the gov allowing this to continue?
Kind of reminds me of the beginning of the game farming industry in Alberta....

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."