View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeHunter View Post
Interesting concept. I took a peak. I couldn't find any private access. If they didn't post the existing du and other existing sites they'd have nothing. The fees they want vs what they offer is scammer level. Beware.

Brokering access for a fee is maybe illegal...not sure. Landowners not paid...but in a way they want to provide a service a licenced goose guide would ordinarilly provide.
I don't know what you looked at but there a many, many large ranches in the South that use this service. And that is what it is, a service for both landowners and hunters. A 6 month membership costs 54.00. Pretty much the same price as an elk tag. I burn more than that in gas in a day to get to some places. Your" scammer level" comment doesn't have any traction.

It's all in front of you but I can't make you understand...…..they are not brokering for a fee. It's not illegal. They are a third party that created a system whereby landowners can use them to take all of the hassle out of administrating hunter permission and all that goes along with that. Since someone created this system and maintains it regularly, that same someone should expect compensation for past and continuing work. But if you believe that something illegal is happening you should compel yourself to call RAP. Tell us how you make out with that.

Personally, I would like to see more landowners take advantage of this system. It's probably more advantageous to a larger ranch than isolated 1/4s, but I do see the advantage in smaller properties as well.