View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 12:35 AM

I really like Mark Felton's channel. Short clips no more than 15 minutes about war/military history but mostly focusing on WW2. He covers some really interesting and lesser known events/topics. Excellent research. The bit regarding the stand at Itter Castle was fantastic.

My new favorite channel right now is called Exploring Abandoned Mines by a guy named Frank out of Grand Forks. His channel has been around for a few years, enough to amass 5 or 6 seasons of half hour shows. He travels around BC initially to explore old mines. He is fearless but has ample safety gear to reach some really gnarly areas of old mines. If anyone has ever been out to the Slocan Valley area and spotted old mines up in the hills, those are what he explores. Very very cool. Make sure you set aside an afternoon because one video turns into two turns into five.

Also for shooters on the site or those of us who are interested in self defense preparation and the like there is a channel called ASP or Active Self Protection. The host John finds examples of citizens either successfully defending themselves or others, police badge cam videos and surveillance video from business being broken into or held up. Its very informative. I know its not a replacement for proper self defense training but after watching a number of his videos and the lessons he lays out for the viewer, I notice things when out and about that I never considered before.