View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 11:28 PM
Banned

I pulled the last of my snares today and managed to catch my last coyote of the season. It was time to pull the plug and catch up in the skinning shed. I caught more than my minimum goal and a little less than the maximum that I wanted to catch.

The Good.......Lots of Coyotes and really high quality. Except for a litter of pups in one area early in the season, no mange. Very low number of shoulder mites and red bellies. Beauty nice fur and white bellies on almost all until recently. Until the end of January I could get to most of my bait sites in my F150 and only had to use my sled mainly in February.

The Bad.......My new fancy assed Snowbear 10’ trailer with the small trailer tires for my skidoo didn’t hold up. Last week I took a turn and noticed a tire wobbling. I stopped to check and the bearings had blown out both sides. I limped it back to a shop about 30 Kms and of course it scored the axle. A new axle will cost me a few coyotes......lol. I have to manufacture a ramp this summer for the old drill rod tank of a trailer with the truck axle/tires on it. It’s bulletproof.

We had a week of -40 weather and I figured that I’d catch up in the shed. The one electric heater that I had wasn’t enough to thaw coyotes so I went out and bought another. I got my electricity bill for January and it was $300 and change......lol.

The Ugly.......I lost a week of trapping due to a loss in the family.

All in all it was a great season and I have no complaints........although it may sound like it.

Last edited by HunterDave; 02-26-2020 at 11:54 PM.