View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OL_JR View Post
Just a little bump. Got the stove ring sewn in today with the stitcher that Dean 2 recommended (thanks again by the ways).

One thing I'll mention is that it's definitely a two person job. I had my wife on the other end of the tent to serve the tail end through the loop you need to make a lock stitch. Without two people it would be very not fun. It took a couple hours to get the initial stitch sewn around the stove ring and then about 45 minutes to get the second stitch done. I know "where's the pics?" and I promise I will post some once we take it out to slave next month for some fishin. I just didn't think to take some while packing it back up into the bag and don't feel like packing it out again. I'm pretty happy how it turned out considering it's my first attempt at sewing anything but it's short of professional.

Now back to the well of AO information. Can anyone recommend an adhesive to get the the sili fibreglass to stick to a tarp for a few five days before I stitch the tarp jack in? It would be great to do that on the go while setting it up the next time and as long as it holds for a few days I can stitch it in later.
High temperature stove pipe silicone ? Available at Crappy Tire.

Grizz