View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 11:36 PM

Default 32gr vmax

I’ve been using 27.5gr RL15 and .020 off the lands. That gets them going around 4100 FPS and I’ve shot lots of half in groups at 100 yds with that. That’s using Rem brass. Your loads may be different. Once shot a group of 3 at 300 yds that was 1”. Always start 10% less and work up from there.

I use Rem brass cuz it’s lighter than Win or Hornady which translates to larger case capacity. And I weigh all my brass after it’s been prepped before loading. And only use that weight of brass with that load. Shortly after I got the gun I bought several boxes of Hornady factory rounds. Cuz it was the same price as the H brass at the time. Couldn’t get them to group, mostly aroun 1” to 1.25”. I’ve also found with the once-used factory loaded brass, the weights are all over the map. Possibly part of the reason for the poor groups. Hornady brass that comes as brass only (not factory loaded) is much better for consistent weight. But quite a bit heavier than Rem. I use it with the 39 gr sierras. Still working on that one but it looks promising. And I’ve also found that the 40 vmax will group well at 100 yds but it opens to 4 inches by the time it gets to 200 yds. So not stabilizing properly.