View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 08:32 PM

By now we were soaked and it was starting to get dark. So we went back and grabbed my pack and made our way back to camp. We dried off had some dinner and hit the sack.

In the morning, it was clear to the east and it was cold. To the west it was dark and cloudy.

We got up and put our wet gear on. We tried to circle the lake on the north side. It was nothing but brush and slow going. We decided that the south side of the lake would be better. So back we go. As we're about to cross the outflow creek, I catch something out of the corner of my eye. Binos come up. And up behind camp, there was a goat standing there. Kept scanning and sure enough there was a nanny and kid laying to the west of it. But the other I was unsure of.

So we decided to make a play. We worked our way up some bear trails. Finally we were 206 yards. I told Tranquilizer to use his pack as a rest on the rock and don't shoot until I say so. I set up the spotting scope and got behind it. Started watching. I was still unsure of a billy or nanny. after half hour, it turned and took a step. Obvious tits on it.