View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 07:49 PM

SEPTEMBER 20
Buddy should be arriving at my place around 1pm tomorrow. He hasn't had a chance to sight in his rifle properly, so he'll be packing Selena(my 30_06).

He's been doing quite a bit of hiking in the last 2 years(spent most part of a year backpacking in New Zeland). Though he's done his fair share of hiking, he hasn't been on a hunting expedition yet. Last night we were on the phone discussing gear... there was a lot of "you don't need that" coming from me. This is his first real hunting expedition, and if I can get him onto a goat it'll be his second animal he's taken.

Last weekend he was hiking the Sugar Bowl near Prince George. Had a major allergic reaction to nuts (so no broke back mountain stuff going on during this trip). According to doctors he's lucky to be alive... so an eppy pen will be in his kit. I promised his mother that I'd bring him home alive... but no promises on one piece.

The weather isn't suppose to clear up until Wednesday... but it's off of the Skeena River... so who the eff really knows. We're expecting a lot of wet ****.

Knocking down a couple bone beer and going over gear... so hopefully next week there'll be some dead goats on this thread.