View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 07:29 PM

I was at a bit of a dead end... but I ended up finding my way through some thick ****. I was finally 3/4s of the way to the ridge I wanted
to get over. Then I ran into my worst fear... the slot I wanted to go up was impassable.

I tried going up the green patch. It was about 30 feet up the ledge.

I was using the shrubs to haul myself up. I made it about 3 feet off the ground and lost my footing.
I smashed my knee and ended up sliding down. Flexed my knee a little and walked around... knee
seemed alright. So I went again... once again I didn't make it that far up and lost my footing again.
Once again banged my knee and slid down. This time as I slid down I bumped my elbow. What was
worse is I bumped my right nut. Not hard... but you know that little flick that hurts more than a kick.
It was one of those.

So I retreated. Took a seat and caught my wind. Had a cliff bar and analyzed the wall I hit. To the left
was shear rock wall. I tried to the right. But if I did slip once again... it was a lot longer fall than 30 feet.

Figuring a goat wasn't worth it that bad, I made my way back down the mountain with little excitement.
Just had to use shrubs to repel down some spots. Now it's back to the drawing board on trying to get
to that spot.

I had to set up the spotting scope one more time. Sure enough there was this guy hanging out quite
a ways away from the other goats.

I've also since upgraded my pack to the eberlestock dragonfly J107. What a dream to pack around. Only thing is it pinches the side boob
a little when swinging a machete or hatchet. Nothing too bad though