View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 07:19 PM

I figured I'd set up camp before it rains. Sure enough... it started to pour

Cooked up something to eat

and retired to the sleeping bag. It rained all night long. It didn't really bother me because if it poured all night,
hopefully it'd clear out the fog. Alarm went off at 5:30am. Poked my head out and it was still pouring out and no visible light yet. Alarm
went off again at 6. It was still raining and the fog was still thick. 7am I poked my head out and I could see the mountain! I was up and
dressed. Had a power bar and b vitamin for breakfast while I set up the spotting scope. I could only find one goat and couldn't determine
what exactly it was.

So I geared up and made my ascent. Made it through my trail I cut in short order. I was now at the bottom of the hill. So I started my
way up. From below I knew it was going to be steep and knarly. I also though I had a route picked out... that constantly changed as I went.
I had to cross a creek. Being early in the day I didn't really want to compromise my dry feet early on. So I carefully made my way across and
made it with little problems. As I made my way up out of the creek valley, I slipped on the wet grass and ended up smashing my ankle.

A few years ago I rolled my ankle playing ball hockey. Took a week off, thinking it was going to be all good and went out to play again. Rolled
it once again. It gets sore every once in awhile, but when I was out on August long, I had rolled it again.

So this time I had it all doctored up. So it was a little tender, but not too bad. So I kept on kepting on.