View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 12:49 PM

So about 5pm QK and Molly were back at the lake. We spent a bit of time recovering in the shade, swimming and building a game plan.

We were trying to figure out what ridge we'd set up on to glass for the rest of the evening. We decided to hit the ridge to the northwest of us and cook up a snack.
We got over there and found some cover in some spruce trees. QK asked "I thought you were going to cook up that meal". I told him "I'm waiting a bit in case we have to make a play". He replied with "good idea... if we were cooking, then the goat alarm would go off".

So after half an hour I busted out the stove and the hi mountain Cajun beans and rice. started to cook it up. As I was cooking we were both glassing the ridges. I was watching where we were the day before and had seen goats. Then for some reason I looked over to my left and with my naked eye I spotted a goat on a bluff with my naked eye. Only 500ish yards out. We focused the spotter and binos on it. It was looking behind itself. We were sure it was a nanny looking for it's kid. Sure enough it looked right at us. Busted! It went back over the ridge.

This is where the goat was