View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 09:32 AM

I quit trying to figure out the whole kill/remorse /elation thing many, many years ago, it is beyond me.
There is no pat answer and no right or wrong answer IMO.
We are what we are, some people hunt for different reasons.
I was told flat out many years ago that there are stages of a hunter , and I didn't know any better and would realize in time that I was following them. Well, those stages didn't happen with me because the person who told me that had no idea that not everyone follows them!
I know bow hunters with multiple kills who quit because they did not like how an animal dies when arrowed, or they were too close to the death , etc and that's okay, I have also met archery hunters who will not hunt with a rifle for several reasons, be it too easy to kill or not, etc and that is okay.
I have tried to explain to people over the years how and why I hunt and kill animals, sometimes successfully, and sometimes not, that all depended on who I was speaking with .

One thing I have NEVER done however, is apologize for anything to do with hunting, be it taking a calf moose, anterless deer, smaller buck, whatever. That is MY business and no one else's.
I do give thanks sincerely to the grand Architect every time for the animal or bird that I have killed , that is for sure !
Cat