View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 06:38 PM

I personally think everyone is overreacting. Hundreds of people die every year from the flu. The only reason this one is so serious is because its a new strain. The places in Mexico where these people are dying are very poor areas. There immune systems are diminished compared to ours. Not to mention, the differences in health care. The ones that have to worry here are the elderly, infants and the immune deficient, but that's no different then every other year at flu season. Wash your hands. Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. That's all we can do. Why is everyone panicking??

And as far as them declaring it a pandemic level 5. I'm starting to wonder about.... I'm thinking something is starting to stink here. At level 5 they can now declare Marshall Law, which would bring on a whole lot of horrors, in itself. If there that concerned why aren't they locking the Mexican border? This may be just the beginning, and maybe there causing mass panic with the media, to distract from something else. Paving the road for the North American Union perhaps??? I guess only time will tell.... Yes I know some of you are probably thinking I'm just another conspiracy nut... (BUD, i know you are lol) But think about it.. look at history. The only way to get people to conform and to give up some of their civil liberty's is by causing mass panic. "we need to push through the patriot act to fight the terrorists". Now it will be "you need to stay in your homes to keep your families safe" and who knows what will come after that. Again, only time will tell....