View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 09:30 PM

Default swine flu

We just got back from a wedding in Mexico, there were 55 of us there. We flew in and out of Cancun. We were at a resort outside Playa Del Carmen and nothing was said to us about this anywhere or anytime. If it wasn't for CNN we wouldn't have known anything was going on. When we got to the airport, the only people I saw wearing masks and rubber gloves were the 3 people cleaning the washrooms. I saw 2 tourists with masks and they were just around their necks, not on their faces at all. This was at noon on Sunday which is their busiest day of the week because most tour operators run Sunday to Sunday. Security was so relaxed that from check in to boarding nobody made us leave our open water bottles behind and they didn't take the 2 from my carry on either. Our only hassle was for being over the 20kg luggage restriction.
If it wasn't for bad news and pandemonium the media would be unemployed.
Consider this: Canada is apprx 10 million sq kms and has a population of 31 million people. Mexico City is apprx 1500 sq kms and has a population of over 18 million people. Let's see 160 deaths divided by 18 000 000 people is ........
This year in Canada alone we can expect 75 000 deaths from cancer, 100 to 150 deaths from C. Difficile, and 130 bicycle related deaths.
You better run for the hills and don't talk to or look at any cancer stricken bike riders who have not washed their hands!!!
Thanks to CNN and the like, we know the world is coming to an end and we are all going to die.....but nobody knows when.

Geo