View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 12:59 PM

I hate arguing on the internet, and I fully support understanding your insurance policy. It never hurts to ask a provider about their policy. But I do suggest you get a new broker. In Alberta, every insurance company uses the Standard SPF 4 Garage Policy. I just can’t think of a scenario where a Shuttle Company would not have one. Its main purpose is to cover vehicles their your care, custody, and control. I don’t even think you can have a Garage Policy that excludes customers vehicles as it would make the policy redundant. The only time there might be no coverage, is if an shuttle company employee where to steal your car.

And no real personal insurer is adding the “lot guys” to the policy. Makes zero sense. If anything they would pay you out (as you are a good client), and subrogate against the Shuttle company. No chance they assume that risk (they are an insurance company you know haha)

But good on you for thinking about it and having a discussion with your broker. That’s 90% more than most people.