View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyksta View Post
The difference between nikon and vortex, is vortex is extremely helpful if anything happens with the performance of your product. I had the old ranger 1000 and it consistently ranged animals to 500 yards. I wanted farther and upgraded to ranger 1600.
My new ranger 1600 had an error in the laser and wouldnt measure anything over 100 yards. I sent it in to vortex and they sent me a new unit the same afternoon that they received it. My new unit works perfect, which ranges fast and easy to 800 yards on animals every time. A few friends have the nikon 7i, it ranges fast and very well, animals to about 800y, but when my buddy's nikon eyepiece fell out, he was S.O.L. trying to get it fixed by them. Vortex also has illuminated display, nikon only black, difficult with some dark backgrounds.
That's odd and sorry to hear about that for your buddy. Nikon Optics usually has outstanding customer service from others I've talked to with experience. They have a similar lifetime warranty to Vortex on their optics. The exception is the electronic parts are I believe a 1 year warranty. The eye piece should have been covered by the lifetime warranty.