View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 01:00 PM

If you want pre made quick strike rigs....look up Larry's Lucky Leaders on Facebook. He's in the saskatoon area and you will be hard pressed to find higher quality rigs anywhere for the price. The northland rigs are ok at best but I usually can't make more than a full day on one rig if the big girls are hitting hard. Cheap hooks that bend and snap and poor crimps and wire that pull apart.
I'm slowly making the transition from treble hooks to circle hooks as well. It is a small learning curve but the amount of deeply hooked fish is way way less....and there are other benefits as well like not getting the free end of your quick strike (if there happens to be one) stuck on the bottom of the hole.
I use the biggest hearing I can find (8-10") and sometimes even whole sucker in that 12-14" range. I've played around with how I rig the bait and nothing seems to beat a horizontal natural presentation. Most times I'm 6-12" off bottom....but some situations require higher....and sometimes right on bottom works.