View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 10:19 PM

Default Your argument boils down to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram crazy View Post
Whats so invalid about any of things that do more damage then OHV's is it because you don't have one. I mean if you truly want to preserve the pristine wilderness maybe all it should be shut down for all users. Once again it's all about the what ever benefits me and screw the rest.
'Oh look... there's something worse... so I'm ok'...... wrong!

You cite oil-gas..... but I see the overweighing benifits of them.. and o&g have been in 402 a looong time... don't mess my hunts, hikes and fishin up much.

Forestry .... hmmm... I hunt clearcuts, I camp in clearcuts.... I get mushrooms from them as well..... forestry been around for loooong time too. Proper silviculture actually helps my hunts.

Quads..... come on the scene for real bout 20 years ago.
Wrecked several of my streams (Lost is a bit of a mess)...

Wrecked my easy hike to elk patch... elk moved on once some knothead punched an illegal trail through the valley.

Wrecked many many 'multi-use' trails (north McGillvary..... In SPITE of the Quad Squads best efforts to repair the trail... that's just one example.).

So even if I decide to go down the 'change the subject path'... your counter evidence don't work for me actually.

I've hunted around o&g since forever..... never had much of a problem.
I see clearcuts as a pretty good thing for critters.

Quads...... nope. Them users just don't play nice with other sportsmen.

It is as simple as that.

This has been hashed over tonnes and tonnes here.

What's interesting is that so many on this board see quads and a net negative to the outdoor experience.

Ps. Geezer.....

Random camping was still happening last year up Lynx, down the Carbondale etc. They just didn't allow over 14 day stays. You could park your hunting rig wherever and set up camp.... I saw lots of this. So what are you talking about??
Did the most recent announcement restrict this.... if so, I didn't see it.

PPS..... I buy lots of Quad Squad raffle tix... so don't even try and paint me as anti- tree huggy whatever.

Responsible quads r fine wit me. Responsible quaffing... designated trails... stay on em... but we all know that just don't happen.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."

Last edited by bessiedog; 01-23-2017 at 10:32 PM.