View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
You have a young kid at home? Lot of guys report these kind of feelings after becoming a parent. Hormones I guess

IMO most people aren’t natural predators. That why there are those “stages of being a hunter”, defines how a lot of guys focus on other (not killing) parts of the process throughout their hunting careers.

Some guys are natural at and comfortable with killing. Those are the guys with full freezers and no concern for inches, who usually camp solo and pack meat out. Precise, dedicated, lethal.

I describe it as “guys who like hunting” vs “hunters”...though I admit that’s a bit vague. Guys who like hunting will go through the phases and have varying emotions and practices. Sounds like that’s where your at. Nothing wrong with being either one, and both categories can have very successful hunting lives.
When I'm hunting, and its game on I dont think about it. Is what it is. Afterwards, I think about it. I love what I do. But I also respect what I kill, and sometimes I fell bad for killing.