View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 08:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretohunt View Post
In my opinion...I’m certain most hunters with experience will agree. Very rarely is a shot made over 300 yards which means a magnum is not required. Several of the middle sized hunting cartridges are more than capable for anything in Alberta. So that makes me think this way...choose the brand, type and style of rifle first. Then look at a common readily available cartridge that appeals to you. I’m a fan of 30-06 and under. I’ve never owned a .308 but I think that is a tremendous choice. I do have a .243 and a .7-08 that have proven more than capable.
I’ve shot moose, deer etc with a 30-30 but wouldn’t recommend it.
I own and use a 7 rem mag and a 30-06 and they have been great too.
So, you have a fun job of researching ahead of you with no bad choices. If you are not happy you aren’t married to it.
Whew,,, now we got all the info righ there, he is certain so there it is, flood the market with all the 7mm mags and 300Win mags because most hunters with experience agree, praise the lord the word is out, now on a serious more common sense approach, reload and lighten the recoil if thats the issue, put a new stock on it if its heavy, or get a 243 or a 7mm 08 for you, your wife and your kids to share ( had to do it sorry)