View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhunter View Post
I have the wc 14 same specs for width and transom height but lighter for pulling around.
I'm running the 30 hp Yamaha 2 stroke 130 lbs the rig is awesome e lots of power for three no prob and fast.
I also have an automatic boat loader and it's a dream get as close as you can to the lake and drag it the rest of the way.
The Lund ssv and wc are extreamly stable and all you would ever need.

The SSV and WC are two totally different hulls but actually weigh the same. The WC is longer but narrower than the SSV. The SSV can also take much more water. The bow is much deeper and it has the IPS V hull as opposed to the flat hull of the WC. The beam at the transom is also much narrower on the WC than the SSV. The SSV is also rated for 10 more hp. The WC is actually only rated for 25hp.

To the OP, I’ve had both and there is a big difference in hulls and you will really notice the difference when the water gets rough. I fished both the WC and a SSV on the West Coast of Vancouver Island for many years and the SSV was a definite upgrade. Being a bit shorter didn’t hurt it either. The SSV is like a bobber in big swells and I never took a wave over the bow unlike when I moved up to a 16 footer.

It really comes down to what you want to use if for.

SSV-14:

14' 2"Length
70"Beam Width
55.5"Chine Width
28.5"Amidship Depth
35"Bow Depth
15" or 20"Transom Height
285/295 lbs

WC-14:

BOAT
14' 6"Length
69"Beam Width