View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 09:36 AM

Absolutely not! Crown land is good to go for shooting. Just make sure it’s safe.
I went shooting a few years ago with a newbie friends on a crown land. There were some houses a mile or so away. We were shooting in an opposite directions from the houses. Regardless, one of the residents decided to show up and bully us to stop shooting because he didn’t want to hear the noise all day long. We told him that we are only here for an hour or so. He insisted that we have to leave. I told him to bugger of.
When I got home, my house phone rang. I answered and there was an RCMP officer on a line asking if it was me shooting - my car was parked on a road so he got the plate number. I said yes, is there a problem? He said absolutely not, he just had a complaint from one of the locals. He said that he actually drove to our location but decided not to bother us since we were not breaking any rules. He actually even thanked me for picking up all the brass and not leaving any garbage behind.
So as long as you are 200 meters away from the road, on a crown land and shooting in a safe direction - you are good to go.