View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I wasn't able to make it out on Thanksgiving Monday, but a member from the forum I hunt with took his dogs. The chickenwagon shows up and when it got back to the parking lot, he said people were literally running with shotguns to get to the spot he released the birds. Brutal.
And now that people had figured out the release schedule, which has been very predictable, there were people waiting in vehicles for the truck to show up for the past few weeks. Other hunters told me that once the truck pulled in, there was a group of people following it in, and then shooting the birds as soon as they were released, whetber in the air or on the ground, whichever was easiest. I haven't actually seen the truck this year, as I have been avoiding the times that people are telling me that the releases are occurring. But I was out to Daysland yesterday, and there was apparently no release at the expected time, so perhaps they are changing the schedule in response. There were also no shots fired in the time were were there yesterday, and we saw no birds. Talking to other people with dogs, they saw no birds, and heard no shots either.