View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 08:44 AM

Default 43- MWC- CITY-IT, but I'm working on it.

43 year old fella, Married with 2 teen boys. Citiot, but I'm working on it.

I have been fishing and camping all my life but do not come from a (current generation) hunting family. I used to go out in the fall goose shooting in high school and I've pushed bush and pulled deer out of the bush with friends.

Then the registry and that BS occured and I thought "F*&K it" I wont hunt...
walled up some family guns and forgot about them.

The last couple of years have seen the loss of several of my older family members who hunt and I realized that I missed an opportunity to learn a life skill and all of the family time that goes along with that.

Last year I decided to get a general tag and went "hunting" with an uncle who is really too crippled up to hunt anymore and it was more of a drive and remember where deer used to be trip. Other than the family time, it was not hunting, it was sitting in the truck.

This year my goal is to pull a general tag again and actually get out of the truck and look for animals. This is where you can help me out...

My Cons;
I'm in Calgary and work 40+ a week during the week so no midweek hunts.
I am inexperienced taking anything other than birds and gophers.
I haven't gutted / cleaned any large game.
Big men don't hide for Sh1t. (6'3-280)
On foot (no quad etc)

My Pros;
Willing to listen and absorb info from someone in a mentor role.
Strong like bull, smart like tractor.
I have been making sausage and cured meat for years and can teach you. (think European salamis, coppa and procuttio, not your uncles moose breakfast sausage).
On foot (no quad etc)
This is not my first (or 20th) post.

Thanks for reading my resume and cover letter.