View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
Never have. Don't honestly know where I would go for that.

Good job to those who have, lots of lives possibly saved.

Question though, Does anyone know how much of the blood that gets donated gets used? I'm assuming some goes to waste since I can't see the shelf life being very long during times of surplus.

The stuff closing in on its best before date gets bought by Vampire Depot, lots of frugal vampires and various witchcraft/ occult practitioners out there!

Curious how much of it goes to cloning operations

In all seriousness though, I once had to perform some pipe freezing at Canadian Blood Services facility on the beltline. I had to use two freeze collars to isolate some domestic water line sections to tie in some new branches for renovations. The reason is that due to their water-cooled refrigeration for the blood coolers, under no circumstances is anyone ever allowed to shut off the domestic water. I did my freezes, tied in some tee's and valves and left the rest for the company doing the renovations (another plumbing outfit hired us for that task). No stress in getting those done.....