View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
Prejudice is a part of racism, prejudice does not define racism. Somebody can be prejudiced without being racist. I can be prejudiced against Savage rifles (actually lets make that browning to avoid confusion). I can be prejudiced against browning rifles that does not indicate I’m racist.
Yes. Obviously? At no time did I say prejudice and racism are the exact same thing. You can have the former without the latter. Please feel free to quote the part where I said "if you are prejudiced against anything at all it means you're a racist."
The part you're missing either completely oblivious to here, or are trying to deflect from in order to keep the 3 people reading this thread from thinking you're out to lunch, is that when you apply prejudice to a race, THAT is when it becomes a form of racism. You said multiple times that that isn't the case. 'Racism absolutely has to mean hate or superiority'. I've provided you with definitions and explanations as to why that isn't the case; you don't get to throw them out because you don't want to be wrong. There's no arguing this part, you said it.

Quote:
This all started with you talking about all these broad sweeping versions of racism. I put down my own words which was about 95% of what your googled search found as a definition. I pointed out your nonsense. Admit you were wrong and didn’t understand what racism is.
Addressed above.
In no world did your definition match the actual one to 95%. It was 50%. You seem to have missed the word "or" in the definition and it's a crucial part of all this. Prejudice OR hatred/superiority. You, again very clearly, are insisting it is only the latter. You don't get to pick and choose the parts of a definition that you like, dismiss the parts you don't, and then call yourself correct. Put your big boy underpants on, find a quiet space if you need to, and get your head around being wrong about something.

Instead, try saying that calling someone a racist shouldn't be done lightly because it could give an impression of hatred or superiority. That would be very valid.

Quote:
Don Cherry may have rocked your fragile world but he never said anything racist. I’ve said it how many times, where is the racist comment? Point it out, and I’ll yield about him being racist.
I've pointed this out many times, read back.

Quote:
Elk eater is saying the same thing.
Once again, you're seeing what you want to see and nothing else. I posted several excerpts from articles and interviews of people calling Cherry a racist. People feel that way because he identified immigrants by sight and then looped them all in together. Their opinions don't exist, but Elk eaters does because he agrees with you? Give your head a shake.

Quote:
Anything you don’t agree with isn't racism. If I say raspberry jam is better than strawberry jam it’s not racism even if you disagree with that.
Addressed above. And through posting the definitions for you. And then by breaking each definition down for you. I'll say it again to try and simplify things further..
Prejudice does not = racism.
Prejudice against a race does = racism.
Prejudice against a race does not necessarily = a hatred or belief in superiority towards that race.
A belief in hatred or superiority against a race does = racism.

A car is a vehicle. Not all vehicles are cars. Make sense?

Quote:
If don cherry was racist he would have said, “why don’t I ever see those damned (insert race of your choice here. FYI immigrant is not a race) wearing a poppy like us.”
If you want to continue to debate that you don’t understand what racism is; I can quote your original post where you spew BS about what you feel racism is.
If you want to prove that don cherry is a racist show me where he said something racist.
If you want to do neither it would be best.
Sincerely hoping that the above helps improve your understanding but if you need anything else just shout.