View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk eater View Post
Nope. Not a racist. A patriot. A bigot maybe. Probably. But most certainly not a racist. You need to think before slandering a man like that. Not cool. He has no issues with anyone’s race at all.
Racism takes on different forms. No one thinks he's Hitler. The term doesn't require that you hate people of another race or hold the belief that one is superior to another. It's an ugly word with a definition that is far too broad, and it's a poor one to have used in this context. I shouldn't have. It's muddied the waters. That said, he identified people by race and then made a preconceived opinion of them which was not based on reason or experience; in my book that's an example of racism. It doesn't make him a white supremacist.

I truly do not give two hoots about Cherry, his beliefs don't affect me one way or the other. It's the hypocritical talk from some in this thread who, as a past time, seem to enjoy ganging up on and bullying the opinions of others. Calling people weak to try and make themselves feel strong. Call Don's words racist, prejudiced, xenophobic or bigoted, it really doesn't matter. Point is, if you believe that Don is important to have on TV in large part because you feel his messages of support for the troops are important, then you cannot chastise the "snowflakes" for being against his messages of prejudice. He's either a messenger or he's not. You can't have it both ways.